Free Holosync Trial

Monday, January 20, 2014

Chia Superfood Energy Bars


These bars were inspired by a trip to Harry's (Whole Foods) for a cold coconut water after a Bikram Yoga class(105 degrees for 90 minutes). I was looking through the bulk snack food section, saw some chia based snack bars, read through the ingredient list and said "I can totally make these myself". So I grabbed some dates (which I normally don't keep around because they are pretty high in sugar) and headed home. I googled chia bars looking for a recipe and didn't find one I was thrilled about so I decided to wing it. Here's what happened...

9-10 pitted medjool dates
1/3 cup white chia seeds
1/4 cup black chia seeds
1/3 cup hemp hearts
handful raw walnuts
handful raw cashews
handful raw sunflower seeds
handful golden flax meal
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tbsp hemp oil
2 tbsp coconut manna (which is AMAZING by the way find it here)
1 tsp vanilla extract

Place everything in the Vita-Mix and process until until thoroughly combined. Grease a glass pyrex dish with coconut oil and empty the sweet, nutty mix into container. Press down tightly so there are no bumps, cover and chill over night. In the morning cut into square or bars and enjoy!

After making these I thought of all kinds of other fun stuff you could add: goji berries, cacao nibs, coconut shreds/flakes, pecans, pistachios... the possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment