My new mortar and pestle inspired me to make pesto!
- 3 Cups Fresh Basil (tightly packed)
- small handful of sunflower seeds
- handful of almonds
- 4-5 TBSP EVOO
- juice of 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large garlic clove shredded
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1-2 lbs of free range ground turkey (dark meat)
- Curry, turmeric, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, red pepper flakes
Add desired amounts of spices to turkey meat and combine thoroughly. Heat up 1-2 tbsp of coconut oil in a deep pan or cast iron skillet. Form into 1/3 lb patties and get both sides nicely browned and crispy. Once the outside of the burger is the way you want it, finish cooking in a 350 degree oven until cooked all the way through. Top turkey burger with a generous scoop of avocado pesto! Serve with a hearty kale salad.
**For a light summery dish make raw zucchini noodles with a mandolin or vegetable spiralizer and toss noodles in basil pesto.